Tuesday, October 6, 2009

not to take things for granted

i went to NUH to see Dad today. i didn't go to visit him last week because it was exam week and i had no time. another reason was, well, i was afraid it would affect my concentration for the exam.

that was when i realised my father is really old. i've not seen him so weak and frail for a long time. haiz. i seem to have taken everything around me for granted.

i remember when i was still in army, i was confined in camp for nearly 3 weeks. ie. not going home for 3 weeks, coz of confinement week and COS duties and stuffs. i remember i was so busy, i didn't call home for the whole 3 weeks.

3 weeks. if your son didn't call home for 3 weeks, what would you do?

hmm. i think i need to reshuffle my priorities. i think i've been too self-centred. everything i've been doing and thinking, it has been for myself. i've not been thinking what i can do for others, for my family.

i can't make any promises, or do anything very significant now. but i tell myself, not to take anything for granted from now on.

nobody can predict what is going to happen tomorrow. Murphy's law, sadly, does exist. but what i can do now, is to spend more time with my family, my loved one.

for you are my priority=)

PS: whoever is reading this, please do not write on the tagboard for this particular blog entry. anything u might want to say, u can tell me in person, or thru msn. i want to keep this entry simple. =) thanks!
----------------------------------------
靠近---庾澄庆

世界如此忙
忙得你和我都失去了判断
赢了所有失去最初的梦

最爱的人
最好时光
一切不能重来

靠近你就在今晚
感受彼此心中温暖
能不能 靠近我就在今晚
不要再让彼此遗憾

在今晚...

every day i learn more about myself
every day... i try to be a better man than i was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment